Sunday, June 29, 2014

All I know about being a Mom....

Which is a whole lot of nothing.


Everyone wants to always know how having Aidan was... it was pretty easy honestly. Epidurals are amazing modern medicine. Seriously. When I finally got the epidural things went pretty smoothly... Then at one point the contractions started getting really strong and I could start to feel them.. so the Doctor came in again and entered some other drug in me, I felt a cool sensation go down my back and bam... I was napping all the way till 10 cent.


We got to the hospital at 10:00pm wed night, I couldn't sleep before that even though I tried.. I was just waiting for the phone call that we could go in. Around midnight they told me to try and get some sleep.. the doctor would be there around 8am to break my water (which to me was so painful.. and soooo weird). I didn't sleep a single wink.. seriously, not even for 5 min. My back and butt were hurting so bad, I couldn't get comfortable. Awful. The poor nurse kept coming in since she was monitoring me and the baby from outside.. and I was moving so much. Finally I was able to get up and walk around for the last time before everything started. She was in right at 8 to break my water... I got the epidural around 11:00am. The most annoying part is once you get that a machine takes your blood pressure every 20 min.. so much for trying to get any sleep. Things went pretty slow for awhile.. Then around 4 it started to pick up.. the waist down, completely numb... it was so funny when Collin and the nurse were flipping me from side to side, my legs flying were all over the place and I had no control. It was pretty funny! Finally around 5:00pm I was ready to start pushing with my nurse.. so we got everything ready... everyone in place and Aidan was born at 5:53pm. Pretty sure I was laughing in between pushing breaks (LOVE EPIDURALS!)....


Pretty sure the first thing I said was... "Is he a cute baby?? Please tell me he's not ugly."  Which is really so  very shallow.. but whatever.


Then bam.. he was on my chest, Collin cut the cord and we were parents!


Aidan is a month old today! Can't believe it. I really love to watch him grow... he is starting to be a lot more awake these days... which is great for night sleeping but it can be a little difficult to distract a newborn. But I just walk around the house and talk with him, sing to him and dance around. We go on a lot of errands. Aidan about 90% off the time falls asleep the moment (or couple after) he gets into his car seat.


Me, well I am doing pretty well. The hardest part so far is just the lack of sleep.. but honestly, I've been pretty good at just really sleeping every moment he is, except right now. If I am really that tired I will sleep when Collin gets home and he can keep an eye on Aidan. My mom also loves to watch Aidan.... which has been a great great help. Her and my dad love to babysit already.


Collin has been such a help.. he's changed many diapers, watched Aidan quite a few times while I ran to the store or needed a nap or cleaned the house. He is up with him around 6am every morning on weekends so I can sleep till 9..... During the week he stays awake with him until he falls asleep around 11:30pm so I don't have to wake up with him until 4amish... seriously... tell me I don't have an awesome man?? And about 96% of the time I don't even have to ask.. Collin just does it. He seriously adores Aidan.. its fantastic.


We really have a such a wonderful baby. He is so cute.. and we are pretty blessed with family around. I am so glad we had our first baby right where we are.


Also... part of being a mom, totally don't have time to fix spelling or grammar errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment